super racing update


Time flies when your riding your bike! I'm on the road again, all packed up for 5 months of riding, racing, travel and any odd job I can find! The Brodie Bunch headed to Santa Barbara for the Firestone Walker Mountain Bike classic. It was a great event, with an amazing amount of attendance. The dh course was a good skill level for the newer dh'ers and proved to be an excellent endurance test. The dusty venue was no match for the outdoor showers that were provided. After a day of practice we raced on Saturday in a two run format. My first run was clean but was too slow to beat my speedy teammate Jackie Harmony. I had to get my head into the game and pedal HARDER! So it came down to the second run, after a tough sprint to the finish I was able to clinch the win! Thanks to all the ladies for a great race!
This past weekend we all headed to the famous Fontana, aka fontucky NORBA National. The Mountain cross course was excellent and I hope Norba continues to stick with that trend! We practiced downhill and 4x for the first few days and raced 4x on Saturday. With a great group of girls showing up (we still need more racers, so ladies get out here!) the racing was fun and close. After some fun rounds I ended up 4th in 4x. So, a little disappointed but happy to have raced such a fun course, it was onto Sundays DH event. With a small spill in my practice run and a pretty puncture wound on my shin I headed into the finals with a grin. Raced, SPRINTED my legs off and ended the day in 5th. Great race. This weekend it's off to Nathrop to race the Mountain States Cup. Looking forward to some cattle field camping, bonfires, starry nights and some of the best 4x racing in the USA. Hope everyone is great and I'll see you on the dirt!

Comments

john Smith said…
very nice post and helpful blog. Find out more about this link whistler canada

Popular posts from this blog

Ride bikes, be happy. The Re-Awakening of Why I Do What I Do

Who is Responsible?

twenty ten